Making an Application
EIS applications do not form part of the online application system used for the CGP or SCAS. EIS applications and all required supporting documentation will be submitted to the Program Manager via the email address included in the application template. Applications must be signed by the School Principal and authorised by the school's approved authority.
Important Information on ineligible projects
EIS funding may not be provided for an infrastructure project if—
- the facility has religious worship as its sole or principal purpose
- the project is related to a temporary site at which special assistance is provided under the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Act 2017, chapter 2, part 4
- where a contract for the project has been entered into or
- site work or other building work for the project has been started
before the Minister grants an application for capital assistance for the project.
Timeframe for applications
In 2019, applications will be submitted according to the following timeframe:
|Round Title||Due Date 2019|
|March 2019 (MAR19)||22 February|
|July 2019 (JUL19)||28 June|
|September 2019 (SEPT19)||30 August|
|December 2019 (DEC19)||25 October|
Requirements for applications for infrastructure charges
Applications will be accepted when infrastructure charges can be evidenced under the letterhead of the relevant local government authority and/or utilities provider, such as within an Infrastructure Charges Notice/s or other similar documentation.
Requirements for applications for project work
Applications will be accepted when a detailed scope of works for the project has been fully costed (ex GST) by qualified professional consultant/s, such as an architect and/or engineer. The development conditions issued by the relevant local government authority will form the basis of the eligible project work. Part of the application assessment process will involve a full reconciliation of the proposed scope of works and estimated costs against the development conditions provided.
An application relating to a local government authority requirement to construct a pick-up and set down area inside the boundary of a developing school will also be accepted.
- evidence of the relevant local government authority directive, such as the development conditions issued
- detailed plans for the full extent of the project scope of works
- evidence of the proposed costs (preliminary estimates or bill of quantities), as prepared by a professional consultant, and/or
- where projects are of a minor works nature (i.e. less than $100,000), three (3) quotes should be provided as evidence of costings.